January 27, 2008

Friends

Since I have been making my walking sticks, I have met alot of people that make the world small. Many of the people I have met knew Uncle Homer and remember him to be a great guy.
Alot of them remember him "coon hunting, filling silos, and trading dogs." Some of the red cedar walking sticks that I have made came from a farm 1 mile east of Woodland,The Sheets farm. The Sheets brothers were good friends of Uncle Homers and Aunt Doris's. I recently met a painter that went to school to Terry at Madison School that I also got alot of fence posts from.


I have also met and made friends with some talented Amish woodworkers.

Dale will have some new pictures of my sticks on the web site soon. There is a poem that was written by Deb Parrott, about the walking stick made from fence posts from Denny Cox's farm in Ohio. I can't remmeber if it was puplished before on the blog or not, but I bet if some of you sweettalk Deb, she just might share it again........Thanks for listening.....Denny

1 comment:

Ray Rickert/s Donnabelle Walker said...

And, last Sept.,Denny was kind enough to bring his antique machine with a supply of walking sticks to join me in displaying our handiwork at an annual Anniversary Open House of the unique gift shop I work with in Terre Haute. We had a great time and Denny was able to place a good number of sticks in the hands of folks in west central Indiana.