January 12, 2012

Fluffer Nutter

So, Hostess is filling for Bankrupcy and this made National news. That includes not just Twinkies but also Wonder Bread. So the reporter said: "If Hostess goes away, we won't have Wonder Bread for our fluffer nutter".

Well, living in the midwest and being from California, I had never heard of fluffer nutter. It turns out to be a big deal in the northeast, particularly MA. Nevertheless, I managed to find Fluff here in Florida, so I will make my first fluffer nutter. However, if I don't use Wonder Bread, will it be an "official" fluffer nutter???

Inquiring minds need to know!! And if I don't like my fluffer nutter, what will I do with the extra Fluff??? So, to hedge my bets, I bought some Rice Crispies, except that they are not name brand, so perhaps I cannot make Rice Crispy Bars. What would they be?? Rice bars???

Maybe Florida is having a strange affect on me. But at least I'm not getting cabin fever from that white stuff. It will brutally cold on Friday: only 61 in Daytona. Burrrrr.

Tom

3 comments:

Jim Marks said...

I hear You Brother, Burrrrrrrrrrrr!
I am feeling too.

Dani said...

add oat meal to your crispy treat... its pretty much amazing! And prolly better for you... if a crispy treat can be good for you...

June Mierau (Peter), d/Mary (Walker)Henkler, gd/H Ray said...

pictures of fluffer nutter?