October 11, 2012

Another quick update on me

I havent posted in a while but I figured I would update everyone on whats been going on up in Toledo... Last I posted, I was cooking at a local restaurant and wrenching on cars on the side... Well, both of those remain true but with an addition of a new job... I got hired into an apprentice program at a tooling and stamping plant in Toledo, Quality Tool Company... They are putting me through 4 years of school to learn the trade of building die sets... Ive been there about a month now and I enjoy it... Its something I knew nothing about and had no idea if I would even like it but in the end, I do like it and I am learning at a decent rate... With being used to a 5pm-1am shift, It wasnt easy getting used to getting up at 6am, but now my body is adapting to it pretty well... At night, I still work at the restaurant as I have a pretty important role and it is worth it to stay and earn the extra money and be able to pay off my truck and college while I am at it... 60-70 hour weeks are my usual but the restaurant gives me very flexible hours and if I am getting tired, they give me the days off I need to recover... Hope everyone is doing well, take care

Alex

No comments: