September 12, 2011

Thank you Tom

While Tom is on his travels, he is still lending a hand back home... I gave him a call about a week or two ago when the motor in my Grand Prix started knocking... It is now on its last legs... However, I have the ability to fix it, but not the means as I cant work on vehicles here... I decided to hold off till spring as I would prefer the car not see any salt... I hate rust... I also cant have a dead car where I am living now and needed to remove it from the property (they actually watch to make sure vehicles get driven)... Tom offered to let me store the car in his barn for the winter time and I will make some time to clean up the yards a bit around his place on a weekend or two... There was a large car meet in Dayton this past weekend and one of my canadian friends happened to be bringing a trailer down to pick up a car he had shipped to me from California... He also hates rust... Since he was going to the same place I was, I had asked to use his trailer and he said that would be fine... We had to get creative in loading the car as it has a lowered suspension, but we managed just fine... I trailered it down to the event on Friday and headed out to Toms Saturday morning (only 25-30 minute drive)... I brought 3 guys with me to help move things around which when moving the mower, all 4 of us were needed... By the way Tom, your barn is much cleaner now even though I had just cleaned it out earlier this year...

A couple pictures of the events:
Loaded it up, we parked the car on the grass which was on an incline, we also had to use some boards to keep it from scraping


Unloading we had to do the same thing, Tom, please dont mind the tire tracks on your fence posts, I dont know where they came from


The garage door on the side of the barn doesnt open so we had to clear the whole path to get it to the spot I wanted it



I placed tarps and a blanket under it to absorb any moisture that may want to sit under there, and to catch the couple of fluids it likes to seep... I also have a car cover and a tarp over that to protect it... The battery was pulled and left at the house with a set of keys in case it desperately needs moved as it still runs and drives, but not for much longer




I have quite a few plans for the car... I am buying a parts car and rebuilding my car almost from the ground up including bigger sway bars, performance struts, headers, bigger brakes and a few limited edition parts... Thanks for this offer Tom, I dont know what I would have done without it

1 comment:

David A Walker said...

Well Alex, the barn sure looks a lot nicer since you cleaned it out. I hope mice do not decide to reside in your car.